main  weblog  audio  visual  written  connections  about  contact 

Saturday, January 28

I'm Only Sleeping

Ok, I love my iPod. It is by far the best 300 I have ever spent in my life.

2 nights ago I put my Beatles collection on it (complete with the album picture covers) and crawled into bed to enjoy a few tunes. With the "Raven_2" on random, Golden Slumbers started playing. I wasn't in the mood to get depressed so I pushed next. I Am The Walrus started playing.

Wow, this is a very great discovery.

Both songs start off with the exact same two notes (and more). Somehow I've never noticed, wow. If someone knows that I'm wrong...please let me know. I went back like 10 times to make sure I wasn't crazy, and I'm pretty sure I'm right.

So my question is: Did Lennon know that he did this?

3 Comments:

Blogger Brandon said...

I believe Lennon would have had to known of this very odd occurrance; the man was a genius.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

You surely would think so huh? It was suggested to me that maybe he had a strong liking for this combination when he first wrote I Am The Walrus...and didn't get it out of his system. At least, this is what I understood the suggestion to mean.

On a side note, I think that I Am The Walrus is an extremly influential song. I mean, to me, the song could be a top 40 hit today and no one would blink an eye.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Brandon said...

I believe you are correct in saying I Am The Walrus could be a Top 40 hit today. Now, if only there were some sort of campaign to see that it happens! :)

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home