main  weblog  audio  visual  written  connections  about  contact 

Monday, December 19

2 legit 2 quit

I was writing a response to the response to my "Jamble" and I thought I would write that response here...not necessarily like a responsible person should do.

I don't recall dissing the sport of football. I don't recall dissing sports.

I was, however, upset because there were players that seemed to exhibit the lack of passion. Pushing a guy instead of tackling him in an attempt to stop a touchdown warrants my skepticism. I was also slightly ticked when I realized I had been staring at cheerleaders for 5 minutes because we were on a TV commercial break. That sucks. THANK GOD there are not cheerleaders in baseball...but on the other hand, good thing there are cheerleaders for these ridiculously long lapses in entertainment (and I'm not talking about half-time). And I used to think baseball was slow. I was also pissed when I saw a guy doing a dance after a totally lame excuse for a play. He could have stopped him for 2 yards, but 5 yards later, he gets him. THEN he celebrates, like tackling him is just good enough.

I love football, but I have come to realize that football seems to be in a pretty horrible state. The other day, my brother and I were immensely more entertained by visibly slower players in the infamous "Ice Bowl." The temperature was 13 below and had a wind-chill of -40. I'd like to see today's players play in that, yea, ok. There were two things that were great about what I saw:

1. The players still played clean and with passion. (I even saw sacks in which the sacker helped the sackee back up!)
2. The game involved Tom Landry and The Cowboys.

K-Dox, you would be happy about the ending...The Packers won. =)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's okay if you don't like football, really it is -- it'll just be one less thing for us to talk about. kind of like a no back-quarterback versus a lengendary icon... i'll let you decide who goes where in that sentence ^_^

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home