main  weblog  audio  visual  written  connections  about  contact 

Monday, August 22

Long Day

Here's to the end of a long day. Cheers.

I didn't get into any classes today, 6 down, 4 to go. Strangely enough, I really want to get into some classes. Not just because of the (perfectly good, hell, f*ckin' great) reason to want to finish school, but because I think that I want to be a part of what is going on there. I want to be proud that I'm going to UH, I want to feel like I'm an art student again. Today was really a good day even tho I was denied thus far. I liked seeing the people, I liked feeling the heat (and then the cool air of AC).

I feel like I'm in a time machine in some parallel dimension. I feel young and the only thing that makes me feel old is the constant reminder that I'm really not that young any more. I was watching people and then it was like a big red octagon with the number 2 and 9 suddenly would hit my face.

Stranger yet, my mind is strangely gaining a bigger appetite for information. I was reading a friggin' psychology text book the other day...for fun. In one of the art history classes I tried to get into today, I wanted so badly to stay, that way I could rip out my paper and pencil and start consuming the knowledge the professor would soon let rip.

Anyways, I like being there. Many more things are making sense to me from the past. The way we were...the way I was, the way she was...and why it was virtually impossible to meet in the middle.

It really is a different perspective when a person doesn't have time to sulk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home