main  weblog  audio  visual  written  connections  about  contact 

Tuesday, July 26

The curiously strong memories

So here is the great airport I was speaking of.

Wow, it has been a very long time since I've seen this sign.

Me, trying to be artistic

This is what I got to see everyday.

While my buddies were off playing golf, I elected to rent a mountain bike. I had just climbed a very steep path with this particular bike and decided that I was very tired. I took a seat and took in the beauty for about 10 minutes.

This is me on ze bike.

This is me on ze trail.

This is the lodge we so gratefully were able to spend our time in.

Ya know, I love vacations (who doesn't right?). They help put things in perspective. While I was on the bike...and on foot on all of those trails, I thought about how much I would like to live there. I kept saying how crappy it is to have to go back home where the trails are scarce. I bothers me that I might take so beauty for granted. Where I live is not as pretty...but had I been riding the "scarce" trails that I have, I would have been in much better shape to enjoy the trails they have.

I need to make things right...soon...because I feel like running.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! I finally get to post a comment! ... In Vegas right now and looking at this wonderful Blog and all the wonderful pictures!

You are definitely in your element! And you look so happy!

This is how I will picture you my friend from now on!

All's I can say is that this is awesome! WOW!

So glad you posted these pictures!

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home