main  weblog  audio  visual  written  connections  about  contact 

Friday, June 17

Montagues and Capulets

What does NYC, Puerto Rico, and Spider Man 2 all have in common? I'm not going to pretend like I know the answer...I'll guess tho. The first thing that comes to mind is definitely the West Side Story. Anyone who has seen the WSS and Spider Man knows that they both take place in NYC.

I'm not sure what I'm looking for here. My Maria? Brooks and Dunn?

Why is it that I used to hate New York City so much? 3 reasons...The first being that the Rangers have scored so little against the Yankees in the playoffs I want to throw up. The second being that the Yankees buy their talent. Sure Jeter is a real Yankee and the one I love to hate the most, but where would that team be without the rest of the former-some-other-team's-all-stars? Even Jeter has to be somewhat ashamed of the fact that his teamates show no loyalty to the teams they came from...I'll take my loser softball team any day (but I gotta admit, I'm no Jeter). The third reason being that my ex-girlfriend loves the Yanks...and I could never get her to see why she shouldn't love the Yanks so much, especially since she was from Denver. When she said that NYC was a great town, I just went ahead and channeled all my dislike for the modern day Yanks to the city as well.

Later in life, I visited NYC...because frankly, I couldn't remember why I disliked the city so much. NYC surprised me. It was great and beautiful. So many memories for such a short amount of time...I wonder if everyone feels this way?

Today, I'm going to Puerto Rico. It is my first trip outside of Texas and Oklahoma (and Arkansas) in such a long time, I feel like I'm going to be sad if I miss any part of it. Somehow, maybe it's not that, maybe I feel like I'm going to miss something else. (My last real traveling was to New York City)

"When your a Jet, your a Jet all the way, from your first cigarette to your last daying day." "Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane, I don't know when I'll be back again
Oh, babe, I hate to go"

I was just watching Spidey 2, and the theme song has been driving me crazy for a long time...thinking, I know this melody, but it is not complete and it reminds me so much of something else. Cue West Side music - One Hand, One Heart. What a ripoff! I thought about Maria singing it while she was on the courts.

Then we can go on...I've had an unusually large amount of conversation regarding marching bands recently (some would say a marching band isn't the same as a drum corp, they are right). Way back in 93, we didn't make the finals mainly because we sounded shitty while we played One Hand, One Heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home