main  weblog  audio  visual  written  connections  about  contact 

Wednesday, May 11

University of Harris

Yesterday, I went to UH. I wanted to see where I stood as far as getting back into the school. Everything was good to go, except for a few minor details. Kind of a catch-22 situation.

1. I'm on probation at UH for not-so-good grades during my one weak semester there.
2. I finished my Associates at North Harris, meaning I don't have to take core classes at UH.
3. I cannot take classes in my major until I declare a major.
4. I cannot declare a major until I'm off probation.

If I remember what the advisor told me, I need to basically beg the professors to let me take their classes until I get my GPA up and out of probation. No problem...but I do have a problem with begging. Oh well, get over it.

Then I woke up this morning, wondering if I had an Associates of Arts...what I need to be finished with to be able to pass up the core classes at UH. Nope, no AA...just an AAS...I felt like an ASS this morning. So, I ran up to North Harvard to see what I can do. The lady there said, UH should still take my Associates because I am only missing one literature class. She then said that I should go ahead and take that class so I can add an Associates of Arts to my resume. Wow! What a turn around! As long as UH takes my AAS, I'll be setup well. I can add a AA to my resume as and add a BA in a couple of years. Good day!

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

I'm glad you find it hilarious, because I'm feeling less like a loser everyday. Hmmm...there really is no connection with your hilariousness and my loserness, but I am smiling a little more these days.

1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home