main  weblog  audio  visual  written  connections  about  contact 

Tuesday, April 19

April Nineteen

1. Fixed up the blog section of my HoustonHaunts site so it has these cool little icons next to each post.

2. Worked on "The Day the Gorilla Died" today. Man I love this song. The drums I originally put in have sounded more and more 80's as time goes on. I'm trying to fix that minor problem.

3. The Rangers and The Astros both won. Rock on!

4. Discovered a singer named Anna Nalick today thru iTunes. Dude, she rocks. Saw her video and got goosebumps on my skin when all the music in the background died out and she sang:
"2am and I'm still awake writing this song,
If i get it all down on paper it's no longer inside of me,
threating the life it belongs to,
And I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd,
Cause these words are my diary screamin' out aloud,
And I know that you'll use them however you want to."

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Hmmm...competitive like baseball? I'm not sure. I've been thinking about this a lot the last couple of days. When I play baseball or softball, it would be good for me to only think about what I am doing...not really competitive at all, just going out there and doing the best I can do, regardless of what others are doing. I am kind of like this...I do cheer a lot when I'm put on a team like the Bad News Bears and we start winning. Competing in art? I think when we compete in art it is because we trying to prove something. Maybe our worthiness...i dunno tho, maybe I'm wrong...maybe this is only me.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

No, you see, I got goosebumps when I first saw the video as well...but I thought that was not necessary to say...ha! The goosebumps during this part of the song were "pure"...I think, on second thought, it might have helped to see her with tears in her eyes.

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home