main  weblog  audio  visual  written  connections  about  contact 

Thursday, March 31

Untouched Bridge

Today was a good day. Me and my partner in crime had a business meeting that did go well. I am of the assumption that our site will soon be experiencing a major influx of new visitors. Well, that will not happen for another few months...

It is crunch time yea!

I started re-recording the last song that has any remaining elements of the past in it. The Untouched Bridge is its name. I really like this song. I like thinking about why I made it. I like thinking that maybe it made Gabs happy. I like feeling like I do not want to betray the original recording.

It is neat how each song has a delicate memory attached to it. The songs become alive. The songs have personalities reminiscent of the people they were created from or for.

I remember I wanted to write lyrics for The Untouched Bridge. I remember thinking that there was nothing in the world that I could say that would be good enough. I remember then deciding that I wanted to make a song that was inspiring, something so she could feel like she could get up and run away. I know she loved music. I remember thinking about this alot. I remember her saying that when she was better that she was going to start singing again. I had heard that she was an operah style singer. I never heard her sing. I remember the last time I saw her, there was a Beatles poster on her wall, her bed was facing it. I thought if I could no longer play music, I would want to see those guys too.

I didn't talk to her much when she was older, we kind of drifted apart. I remember her when she was a kid. She was always the cousin that laughed. I liked making her laugh, maybe it was because nobody else thought I was funny and she really thought that I was funny.

We grew up and I thought that she became arrogant. A person who is arrogant is a person that is scared. In the song, I think that I was telling her not to be scared anymore. The bridge represented her crossing into another life. So sadly, I can't remember what it meant to be untouched. I think it was about not giving up...saying the bridge had not yet been crossed.

Goodnight Gabs.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Untouched Bridge is so sad. This song name is "Untouched" Bridge, but the more I listen to it, the more I feel like it can touch me. The guitar sound is very passionate. It's great,Michael:) I enjoy it:) Honestly, I'd refer it to be instrument:)

"It is neat how each song has a delicate memory attached to it. The songs become alive. The songs have personalities reminiscent of the people they were created from or for." Absolutely right!!!

one time I wanted to ask u about it, but I didnt know how to ask you. I wanted to know what or who made u have a source of inpiration to compose yours. I think that each of yours should have a delicate memory.
now I know new words :)
Thanks Michael:)

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Angela
I'm Chau.
I've read all your comments on Michael's blog.
You are a very nice and good
friend.:)
I'm glad if I have a friend like you.
Would you like to make friend with me? :)
My Yahoo ID: giahanusvn
and yours? :)

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home