main  weblog  audio  visual  written  connections  about  contact 

Thursday, August 11

John Deer Hospital

After spending some time down on UH's campus, we decided to stop by the Jefferson Davis Hospital and take some pictures with our new Canon Power Shot SD400 (Digital Elph) camera. The progress at the JDH site is amazing. The fence is down and we were able to walk up to the structure. Of course we were stopped and asked not to go inside, I assured them that we were innocent. While they weren't looking though, I pressed my face up against the glass to see the interior. Oh what a rebel I am.

Anyways, I'm not a big fan of this type of architecture, but I am finding this building to be attractive. Maybe it is because every time I see this building, it is like seeing time reverse itself. The building no longer seems threatening, it is not finding itself in an aura of glory. Truth be told, I'd like to live there. I'm a starving artist...maybe I qualify.
Click on the pictures above to see some more recent pictures. Has any one else seen the new JDH?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home