main  weblog  audio  visual  written  connections  about  contact 

Sunday, February 5

Party foul

I have this really bad urge to say that I did not watch the Super Bowl today. Obviously I care about that or I wouldn't be saying anything about it. I intentionally grounded the ball because I didn't want to watch it (even though there was a significant urge to do so). I sat back and wondered if I wanted to watch because I have gotten in a habit of watching the Super Bowl. I wondered if it was because I didn't want any one to come up to me and ask if I watched it and then say, "Awww!! You missed it! I can't believe you didn't watch it! You missed a good one!" I think it is both.

I decided to opt out and visit the Menil. Not totally for self pleasure but because I had to for a class...not saying I didn't pick the time of departure somewhat intentionally. I think I had a good weekend.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brandon said...

Why do you choose to torment yourself? I never watch the Super Bowl, and when people say "You missed it?" I say quite confidently that I did, and leave it at that.

Besides, you were doing something you HAD to do... You DID have a good weekend, Michael, because you were productive.

Capice?

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey who is this Brandon guy?

5:25 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Click his name, it is a link.

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home