main  weblog  audio  visual  written  connections  about  contact 

Tuesday, March 28

Raven to crow

I'm in the mood to write music. All I want to do lately is write music. I penned a new one the other day. A nice little ditty currently called Song1. Yep, no title yet mostly because there are no lyrics. No lyrics.

I've had a hard time writing lyrics for...oh...the last 2 years or so. If I am so lucky to write some, then it always only a verse worth. Imagine trying to come back and write another verse to a song you wrote a year ago.

I have these flashes of inspiration, usually when I'm in my truck listening to someone else sing. The singer will conjure up some past memory, or current emotion and that will lead me off into a tangent in my mind. As I dig deeper to resolve or fully embrace that emotion, little snippets of lyrics bubble to the surface. Here's one: "We must a walk a fine line, you and I...blah, blah, blah.." Of course I can't remember the rest, and the ones that I can remember kind of annoy me being out of context.

The key is to be inspired and creative right in front of the computer. Lyrics like the ones (only a verse of course) that I wrote for Spanglish are among my favs "feelings will raise a raven to crow". These small bursts are so short lived and fleeting.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay, u wrote something!

...now i just have to go back and read it :)

KDocs

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home