main  weblog  audio  visual  written  connections  about  contact 

Wednesday, April 12

The only moment

Man, I'm an emotional wreck right now..geez.

The preliminary effects of doing research is always awesome. You take all this knowledge in and you find it exciting to be looking at something in an increasingly interesting way. You are flying (particularly when you are racing against time like I am right now) and the adrenaline is pumping.

So I put some music on, brew myself a cup o' coffee and set off to complete the paper. Somewhere along the way, I start thinking about the past. It sucks because right now I'm at my best and my mind is almost completely clear. I have an objective and I like the pressure. "If only..." I could see like this everyday.

Explosions is such a great group to excite my mixture of my idealistic work ethic, beautiful memories and the realization of where I am now...and the regret that follows.

MOTHERFUCKIN' SHIT! Damn this sucks sometimes.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In all seriousness, it humors me that u used MF and sh!t together :) It's either one or the other sir.

I don't think you should end up angering/baffling yourself on past or regret. I mean, you can't help that if you wanted to do it all again that you would... that's the whole point of growing and reflection, isn't it? I think you should be happy about these "explosions" for peace of mind.

But, maybe that's something that I only do.

6:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, ooh! I just read that the Explosions are a band!
Ha, now I get that last paragraph -- still, don't use those cusswords together ever again :)

--KDocs <--- See?

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think its almost cute how you approached the topic of research. I would have thought of you as an innocent minded person until your last few statements. To tell you the truth, your last paragraph is somewhat enlightening; you go from an "idealistic work ethic" to regret. It seems like the story of the century, sadly, its the story of every man, woman, and child. Everyone from a 3 yr old to at 93 yr old has regrets, but you cant suspend yourself in the air just because of these insignificant regrets. Since I dont really know you, I wouldn't know what to tell you besides what I've already said. Good Luck, I hope you can go back to the state of idealistic work ethic, and hope those beautiful memories stay beautiful.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Interesting...and thank you. A rare glimpse I was rather embarrassed of, but figured, what the hell.

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home