main  weblog  audio  visual  written  connections  about  contact 

Tuesday, November 16

Top 600

So how dorky is it for me to be creating my top 600 songs list? I would say very. But, I do have my reasons for making it, and surprisingly I have found out some interesting stuff.

1. I currently have 850 songs in my Winamp playlist and simply cannot cut anymore. In another words, there are 850 songs that I think lack major flaws.
2. I've realized I really like the piano.
3. I've realized I like alot of Top-40-type pop songs
4. I've started to realize why I like certain artists as much as I do.
5. Since this is a work in progress, things are sure to change...but currently this is my top 10:

1. Black - Pearl Jam
2. All You Need Is Love - The Beatles
3. God Only Knows - The Beach Boys
4. Fake Plastic Trees - Radiohead
5. Strawberry Fields Forever - The Beatles
6. Here Comes The Sun - The Beatles
7. One - U2
8. #41 - The Dave Matthews Band
9. Light My Fire - The Doors
10. November Rain - Guns N' Roses

6. These are my favorite 10 songs (this list is extremely subjective). The latest observation is how well the songs sound together. I've never heard such a diverse group of songs actually sound good when grouped like this. Who knew that a Beach Boys song would sound so wonderful after a PJ and Beatles song? I guess I can say that a great song will always sound good with another great song regardless of age, style, and quality.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home